Parents, are you part of the LASA Parent Class of 2024 Google Group?
If not, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added; Important info there about all senior year activities.
2024 Students only
Immediate Family Only
Thursday, May 30th, 2024
Burger Arena (inside)
*Cap & Gowns will be distributed by LASA at the mandatory Graduation Practice
**Senior Salute is a special LASA tradition for graduating LASA seniors. Every year, PFLASA hosts Senior Salute usually the night before the official LASA graduation. Seniors receive their magnet endorsements from the administration, senior students perform a skit about life at LASA, the faculty give book awards and typically make a video for the students, and the seniors are given a memory book that contains each senior’s picture, quote and future plans. It's a very LASA-esque event and the seniors run the whole event. This event is for immediate family only. Dress is Dressy Casual (e.g. Pants, Ties, Dresses, etc). Typically, the event is 2 1/2 to 3 hours, not including the time that students need to be there early to line up. No tickets required.
***Graduation 2024: The district schedules all AISD graduations. Graduation is typically 2 hours after it starts. https://www.austinisd.org/graduation; There are no tickets required, no RSVP, guest number is not limited. Burger Activity Center is an AISD indoor facility.
****Project Graduation - all night lock-in for graduates only; Contract agreement must be signed by both students and parents (avail in May 2024). Graduates will be bused to LASA at 5:30AM and parents should plan on picking up their kids between 5:45am and 6:00am; Graduates are not to drive themselves to this event. Parent drop-off and pick-up only.
DEADLINE: December 15th, 2023
This is optional. There are two types of Ads that senior parents can buy for the yearbook. Their pricing and ordering are the same. Anything can be done for either of these or both.
- Senior Ads - Many families buy the senior ad and put in baby/kid pics as well as a senior photo that is taken sometime between now and November 30th.
- Elementary School Ads - Elementary school ads are where you split the cost of an Ad with other families and get the LASA seniors together that graduated from your elementary school and meet up at the elementary school and take a group photo there sometime between now and November 30th.
You can buy 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or Full Page ad in the back of the Stetson yearbook honoring your child and/or with his/her elementary school friends.
- Full page (max 24 photos): $400
- 1/2 page (max 12 photos): $235
- 1/4 page (max 6 photos): $150
- 1/8 page (max 3 photos): $75
Cap & Gown Info
Order Online: HERFF JONES WEBSITE
Herff Jones will be on campus during lunch on 12/6/2023 in the cafeteria foyer for anyone that wants to order their cap & gown in person. Checks can be written to Herff Jones. Packets with order forms were given to seniors before the Fall Break.
- Payments can be made online at the link above
- All orders must be paid in full before receiving the cap & gown
- Orders received after April 1st, 2024 will incur a late processing fee
- No changes, cancellations to orders after 72 hours of order submission
- Typically fine paper items are delivered in the spring. Cap & gowns are delivered separately and will be delivered to LASA for distribution.
Do I have to have a cap & gown?
- Yes, all AISD students must wear the official school cap & gown; LASA's colors are Navy & White have the seal on the lapel
Do I have to buy a package?
- No, cap & gowns can be purchased without the package (see the Grad Gear & Apparel Tab on their website and scroll down). The cap & gown & tassel unit is $48.95.
I have a cap & gown from my older student. How do I get a tassel?
- You can order the 2024 tassel separately on their website.
I would like to get a keepsake tassel. How do I order that?
- You can order the 2024 tassel separately on their website (it's called a memory tassel and is $11)
I need to get the cap & gown early for photos. How do I do that?
- These cap & gowns will not come in until mid-May to LASA. Contact Mr. December to borrow one to check out for photos.
To contact Herff Jones, please call 512.504.7100 or email email@example.com
Project Graduation Tickets Now On Sale
All students require a ticket to attend the all-night Project Graduation party/event on May 30th from 10:30p-5:30a. This is for seniors only (no guests allowed).
For a limited time until December 4th, the PFLASA PG team is offering the cheapest ticket price this year. Contracts will be sent to both parent and student in May to all ticket holders. Tickets may be purchased here until Dec. 4th.
All opportunities to take yearbook photos have passed. Please contact Ms. Baldwin with any questions.
The next opportunity to take your senior yearbook portrait is October 21st. This is the LAST opportunity to take a photo for the yearbook.
Choose your time slot here. Scroll down to where you see "book your session", then choose LASA, then Sept 9. Please reach out to CADY directly with questions. It's is a little hard to navigate, but just know there is an option for no sitting fee for just the yearbook photo.
If you want a retakes, you can do that but you'll need to sign up again. Retakes are free.
Remember you will need to have CADY take your portrait in order to appear in the yearbook. We will have one more date, later on Saturday, October 21st, but that will be your last chance for your portrait.
You must take your portrait with CADY during one of these sessions to appear in the yearbook.
Also, CADY offers a variety of levels of photo shoots at their studio (where they can also take the yearbook photo) if that interests your family.
Event has passed; Video available in 2024 folder.
Senior & Parent College Night: Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 6:00pm
This event has passed but the recording is in the Class of 2024 documents.
Join us for information on college admissions, Naviance to-do's, financial aid and scholarships. Zoom link will be sent closer to the event. Can't make it? No worries. We will record and post the event to our Class of 2024 college documents Google folder.
DEADLINE: has passed.
Contact NHS Officers for more info.
Seniors in NHS must pay their senior year dues now before the end of September 2023. The dues are $20.
The $20 dues cover the cost of the graduation cord, supplies, and national dues.
Cords are addressed by the supervisor of that program and will be handed out before graduation practice or at graduation practice.
|Top 10% (High Honors)||silver|
|Top 5% (Higher Honors)||maroon|
|Top 2% (Highest Honors)||silver & maroon|
|National Honor Society||blue & gold|
|National Hispanic Honor Society||red & gold|
|LASA Cares||lavender & white|
red=fire academy blue=emt
|Sports Medicine||silver & white|
|National Merit Finalists/Semifinalists||red, white & gold|
|National Merit Commended||white|
|National Merit Recognition: African American, Hispanic, Indigenous and Rural/Small Town Recognition Programs||red & white|
|National Art Society||rainbow|
red, royal blue & silver
|International Thespian Society||orange|
red, navy & maroon
|National Merit Special Scholarship||green|
|PALS||lavender & navy|
|National German Honor Society||
red, black & yellow
|National Chinese Honor Society||lavender|
|Gifted & Talented||
red, white & silver
|French Honor Society||
red, white & royal blue
|HOSA||silver & purple|
|Ambassadors||black & gold|